- Founded in August 2014 and headquartered in Dubai, Shams Energy aspires to become the leading photovoltaic installer for industrial and commercial projects in the U.A.E.
- Shams Energy designs, installs and maintains solar photovoltaic systems across all market segments including utility, commercial, industrial and agricultural.
- We also provide value added services throughout the life of the system, including operation and maintenance.
- Shams Energy Solutions is an approved Solar PV contractor under DEWA’s Shams Dubai smart city initiative.
- Shams Energy recognizes the importance of diversifying the UAE energy mix through renewable energy.
- Our vision is to create a sustainable energy source through solar photovoltaic systems in the MENA region.
- Shams Energy social responsibility resonates to reduce CO2 emissions in the environment for a cleaner and efficient source of power.
Sheikh Zayed Al Maktoum (Board Member)
- Shams Energy was established to become a leader in alternative energy in the MENA region. Currently operating in the UAE, Shams Energy future plans is to expand to the rest of the MENA region.
- Sheikh Zayed is also a Board Member in Al Areen International, a family office based in Dubai.
Moataz El Wardani: Co-Founder and CEO of Shams Energy Solutions
• Prior to co-founding Shams Energy Solutions, Moataz founded an SME in the telecom engineering sector with operations in the UAE and in Egypt.
• Moataz holds an EMBA from Said Business School, Oxford University, and a Electrical Engineering degree from the Arab Academy for Science and Technology.
Mahmoud El Wardani: Co-Founder and Managing Director of Shams Energy Solutions
• Prior to co-founding Shams Energy Solutions,Mahmoud worked in the banking industry with Nomura International in London and later at an asset management company in the UAE.
• Mahmoud holds a Master Degree in Finance with speciality in Investment Management and a Bachelors Degree in Banking and International Finance from Cass Business School, London.